- 2 cans (4 oz. each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 – 2 1/2 lbs.)
- Flour tortillas
- Toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a 3qt. slow cooker, combine the chilies, tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, onion, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Add pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 – 9 hours or until meat is tender,.
- Remove pork. When cool enough to handle, shred meat using two forks. Return to slow cooker and heat through serve on tortillas; top with sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes Yield: 6-8 servings.
Number of servings (yield): 8